Thursday, October 22, 2009

Aion: The Tower of Eternity, Level 11



Finally arrived at Altguard Fortress, or something, the next area where my services are needed. A little anti-revolutionary activity and oh-look-I-leveled.

Oh yeah and if I turn the camera a little to the right, here are some creatures.




At this low level, I haven't noticed much of the grind that many have complained of in Aion. I still have many quests below my level I haven't gotten around to finishing, and if anything I'm leveling a little faster than I'd like, because taking screenshots pulls me out of the soothing escapism that is facerolling.

If I have a complaint, it's just that the world, while beautiful, is a little flavorless. Which maybe isn't fair - maybe the extent flavor is just a little too super-saiyan for my taste. The class selection does seem a little rote, though, which feels like a mistake in a game people are going to play for years (?).

Saffie is a Chanter. She wears heavy armor and makes the people around her better and has a few heals. She's the Bardic group-utility class in the game, though she probably won't see a group until she's closer to level 20. So far soloing seems pretty good, these kinds of classes are weak in a lot of games because so many of their abilities function in ways that, when soloing, don't function. But using an instant-heal she can go toe-to-toe with even 4-dot mobs of her level, has a decent ranged damage spell, and can heal herself through even some harder encounters.

Sorry I'll try not to make any more posts where I nerd out about mmos.

No comments:

Post a Comment