Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lord of the Rings Online, Level 50


Oh look, I leveled!!!!

Actually, I was so excited about getting a legendary rune-stone (a rune-keeper's weapon of choice) and watching a dwarf get slung around by a kraken for disturbing the water that I forgot to take a shot. So here's Rivendell for you.

One thing that sets LotRO apart from other games is its willingness to offer you almost laughably pedestrian quests. It works, I think, as the ability to set a non-dangerous norm in Middle-Earth through game-play allows a greater feeling of disturbance when that world is disrupted. My last string of quests to obtain a legendary weapon involved killing four birds, delivering some dwarves their lunches, and picking up some thick branches and sharp rocks. I also had to go tell some dwarves to stop disturbing the water.

They shouldn't have disturbed the water, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment