Friday, October 23, 2009

Aion: The Tower of Eternity, Level 12


Oh look, I leveled!

I know it looks like I haven't moved during level eleven, but really I just got sent back here for some of the introductory crafting quests. I've heard there might be a little complexity to crafting in Aion, and I'm looking into it, because honestly, I'm finding the game itself a little thin, aesthetically.

The models are beautiful, I mean game-mechanic aesthetically. I have a relatively high patience for diku-mmos or holy trinity mmos or however you want to refer to them; I never really play end game on them, but I've played a lot of levels on a lot of them. But Aion isn't trying hard enough, I think. The classes are perfunctory, as if they just thought of the roles that would be expected to be filled and ran with their first pass at them, with the assumption that flying would be enough of a difference in their mechanics that they didn't need to do any other, like, design.

I mean I rolled a level 1 Mage and I actually had a spell called Root.

No comments:

Post a Comment